The Counseling & Student Development Center (CSDC), room 107, supports students step by step through their college experience through:
- Academic Advising
- Special Needs Accommodations
- New Student Orientation and Welcome Week
- Career and Job Placement
- Student Government and Organizations (ASNMSU Carlsbad)
Academic advisors help students interpret placement test scores, select and enroll in classes, explore majors, develop degree plans and evaluate academic progress. Advisors are available by appointment during regular office hours, Monday through Thursday, 8:00 a.m. to 6:00 p.m. and Friday from 8:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m. and on a walk-in basis as schedules permit.
Students are assigned to an advisor based on the last two digits of their Aggie ID# (800_ _ _ _ _ _):
Aggie ID# ending in…
Dual credit/Early Admit
Special Needs Services
The Special Needs Services (SNS) coordinator works to provide reasonable accommodations to qualified students with disabilities and to assure that campus programs and activities are accessible to individuals with disabilities.
Students may request services by completing these steps in order:
• Make an appointment with the Special Needs Services Office to self-identify as a student with a disability
• Submit a “Petition for Accommodation” and proper documentation to the SNS Office
• Finalize accommodations for the semester with the SNS coordinator
• Take faculty notification letters listing approved accommodations to each instructor and return to the SNS office within five working days
• Submit a “Petition for Continuation of Services” each semester
Please note that accommodations are unique to each individual and are determined based on medical need as indicated by the proper documentation and not on student preference.
New Student Orientation and Welcome Week
Students complete the enrollment process at NMSU Carlsbad by attending new student orientation, scheduled the first week of classes each fall and spring semester. During orientation, students learn about campus programs, services and policies, meet the faculty, and tour campus. Welcome Week kicks off the academic year with a variety of fun activities for students and their families.
Career & Job Placement Services
We have several resources to help students evaluate and choose potential careers including career assessment and interpretation, and workshops. Job placement services include assistance with general job search strategies, writing cover letters and resumes and the coordination of work-study, cooperative and internship opportunities for eligible students.
Please click here for more information.