Main Building, Suite 206
Ask a Librarian:
INTERIM HOURS: Monday through Thursday 8 a.m. to 5 p.m. (Resume 8 a.m. to 8 p.m. on Wednesday, August 19, 2015)
|Mon – Thur||8 a.m. to 8 p.m.|
|Friday||8 a.m. to 5 p.m.|
|Saturday||10 a.m. to 2 p.m. Semesters Only|
*The Library observes the NMSU academic calendar between semesters and is closed on major holidays.
Mission of the Library:
To become the first choice for information for NMSU Carlsbad students, faculty, and staff. To provide access to quality resources and services to meet the academic, cultural, and intellectual needs of the campus and the information needs of the Carlsbad-Eddy County community.
About the Library
|Library Area:||8343 square feet with wireless access and a variety of seating, re-charging stations and electrical outlets|
|Computer Lab:||13 workstations (PC and MAC); 8 laptop computers (for in-library use); wireless access; laser printer; self-service BookEdge scanner; copier, staplers, etc.|
|Online Network:||Remote and mobile access to a variety of online academic and general resources with proper NMSU credentials|
|Collection Size:||12,000 (includes print and media) and 50 titles including local, regional, and international newspapers|
|Instruction Area:||Library orientation and information literacy sessions are conducted by appointment for entire class, small group or individual by appointment. Contact the Librarian|
|Children’s Area:||Picture books and primary level materials for use by NMSU Early Education majors and children accompanied by a parent/guardian|
|Group Study Rooms:||Group study/small conference rooms are available by for students and staff on a first-come, first serve basis or by reservation|
|Quiet Space:||Scenic quiet corner lots of natural light; individual desks with outlets for charging devices; over-sized chairs near convenient floor outlets|
- NMSU Carlsbad is independently accredited by the North Central Association and is a two-year branch community college of New Mexico State University system.
- The NMSU Carlsbad campus community has digital access to a variety of academic resources supplementing traditional print material. Current faculty, staff, online, and on-campus students have remote access to electronic library resources and the shared online NMSU Libraries catalog.
- The Carlsbad campus library network provides access to online information sources available to current NMSU students, faculty and staff.
- The library contains approximately 12,000 items including digital media, e-books, print books, journals, magazines and newspaper subscriptions.
- While NMSU affiliates are the primary clientele of the library, the Carlsbad and Eddy County communities are welcome to use the campus library during regular hours. The Library works informally with the Carlsbad Public Library to meet the life-long learning and causal reading needs of area citizens.
- Online resources for general community use are available through the New Mexico State Library’s El Portal.