Main Building, Suite 206
Ask a Librarian:
2017 Spring Semester Library Hours
|Mon – Thur||8 a.m. to 8 p.m.|
|Friday||8 a.m. to 5 p.m.|
|Saturday||10 a.m. to 2 p.m.|
*The Library observes the NMSU academic calendar between semesters and is closed on major holidays.
Mission of the Library:
To become the first choice for information for NMSU Carlsbad students, faculty, and staff through the provision of quality learning resources meeting the academic, cultural, and leisure reading needs of the campus and the Carlsbad-Eddy County community (May 2016).
About the Library
|Library Area:||8,343 square feet with wireless access,quick online catalog access, computer lab, exhibit areas, instruction area, a variety of seating, charging stations, children’s reading area, group and individual study areas, as well as the traditional service desk.|
|Computer Lab:||14 workstations (PC and MAC); 8 laptop computers (for in-library use), wireless access, laser printer, copier, staplers, etc.|
|Online Network:||Remote and mobile access to online academic and general resources with current NMSU credentials. Public access to free learning tools provided by the New Mexico State Library|
|Collection Size:||Over 19,000 physical items and a collection of carefully selected online resources supporting academic projects and research of both, students and faculty.|
|Instruction Area:||Library orientation and information literacy sessions are conducted by appointment for a class, small group, or individual by appointment. Contact the Librarian or library staff to schedule a session.|
|Children’s Area:||Picture books and primary level materials for use by NMSU Early Education majors and children accompanied by a parent/guardian are available and make be checked out with proper credentials.|
|New Mexico Collection||Select print resources and journals for the study of historic and contemporary New Mexico are available in the reference collection in addition to the circulating collection.|
|Other Services:||Individual workstations with outlets for charging devices and over-sized chairs near convenient floor outlets.|
- NMSU Carlsbad is independently accredited by the North Central Association and is a two-year branch community college of New Mexico State University system.
- The NMSU Carlsbad campus community has digital access to a variety of academic resources supplementing traditional print material which continues to play an important role in collection development.
- Current faculty, staff, online, and on-campus students, with the appropriate credentials, have remote access to electronic library resources and the NMSU Libraries online catalog.
- The campus library contains approximately 20,000 items including digital media, e-books, monographs, graphic novels, journals, magazines, local and national newspapers.
- NMSU affiliates are the primary clientele of the library. Residents of Carlsbad and Eddy County are welcome to use the campus library during regular hours. The Library works informally with the Carlsbad Public Library to address the life-long learning and causal reading needs of area residents.
- Online resources for FREE USE by the general community are available through the New Mexico State Library’s El Portal.