Aggie Support Update:
As our offices work remotely, please utilize the myNMSU email system for all inquiries. To help us respond quickly, please provide an Aggie ID. Students may submit required documents through my.nmsu.edu email, myNMSU portal, or via regular mail.
Submit the 2020-21 FAFSA
The 2020-2021 Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) is now open. Complete your FAFSA to determine what federal aid you can receive. You will need income information for 2018.
NMSU Carlsbad Scholar Dollar$ Scholarship Application is open!
The 2020-21 Scholar Dollar$ application is now open! Apply today to be considered for additional scholarships.
The Office of Student Financial Aid and Scholarship Services supports the University’s mission by providing access and equal opportunity for financial assistance to eligible students through federal, state, institutional, and private sources regardless of sex, color, age, or other circumstance.
The philosophy of the Office of Student Financial Aid and Scholarship Services is that no student should be denied a college education due to lack of financial resources. Our goal is to provide understandable information, timely service, and monetary assistance while maintaining stewardship of the public funds.
- You MUST have completed a Free Application for Student Financial Aid (FAFSA) form. (Make sure to have your previous years tax information available. If you are a dependent student your parents tax information is also necessary).
- You must be a United States citizen, national, or permanent resident to apply for financial aid.
- You must have a high school diploma, a GED, or pass an independently administered test (approved by the U.S. Department of Education) to meet Ability to Benefit requirements.
- If required, you must register with Selective Service or sign a statement indicating you’ve done so.
- You must be in good academic standing and be making satisfactory academic progress towards your degree.
- You must enroll at least half time (6 hours for undergraduates or 5 hours for graduates) for federal aid programs and full time (12 hours for undergraduates or 9 hours for graduates) for scholarships.
- Need must be clearly established for need-based aid.
- You must sign a statement verifying you do not owe a refund on a federal grant nor are you in default on a federal student loan.
No student will be denied financial assistance on the basis of age, color, disability, gender, national origin, race, religion, sexual orientation, or veteran status.
Estimate Your Aid
The Net Price Calculator can help you determine your federal, state, and institutional aid eligibility. Go through the steps to find your estimated financial aid.
Financial Aid & Scholarship Services
New Mexico State University-Carlsbad
1500 University Drive
Carlsbad, NM 88220