Note: Tuition and fees are subject to changes as mandated by the New Mexico Legislature and the NMSU Board of Regents.
Costs will vary depending on the number of credit hours you take, which courses you take, the textbooks you need and your choice of living arrangements.
Within the Carlsbad School District
|In District||Tuition||General Fees||Total|
|Per credit more than 18||$41.00||$8.00||$49.00|
Outside the Carlsbad School District
|Per credit more than 18||$41.00||$8.00||$82.00|
Non Residents (Summer Only)
|Per more than 18 credits||$159.00||$8.00||$167.00|
*Non-resident students who enroll for six semester credits or less will be charged at the out-of-district rate.
**Weekend College/Short Courses are charged separately, regardless of enrollment in other courses.
Note: Tuition and fees are subject to changes as mandated by the state Legislature and the NMSU Board of Regents.
Reduced Tuition Rates for Senior Citizens
In accordance with Statute 5.7.19 NMAC, Reduced Tuition for Senior Citizens, students considered as Senior Citizens are eligible to enroll in classes at NMSU C at the reduced tuition rate of $5.00/credit hour if the following conditions are met:
- Student has been admitted to NMSU
- Student is age 65 or older
- Student requests the reduction tuition rate.
- Student is a New Mexico resident
- Student is enrolled in 6 or less credits per term
Additional fees associated with enrollment may apply.
These fees will be assessed to the student in addition to tuition:
- Application: $35 first-time NMSU international students (non-refundable)
- Late registration: $25
- Degree/Certificate Application Fees: $25 for each associate Degree (plus an additional $25 for late application)
- Certificate Application Fee: $10
- Distance Education Fee for students taking Online (Blackboard) or ITV Courses: $25 per credit
Laboratory Fees by Program
Lab fees vary by course. Please contact the course instructor or department for more information pertaining to lab fees.
Full-time students are charged a $50 fee per semester for unlimited use of the NMSU Carlsbad Health Clinic located in Room 104 on the lower level of the main building. Part-time students have the option of paying the $50 fee per semester to use the clinic.