To become the first choice for information for NMSU Carlsbad students, faculty, and staff through the provision of quality learning resources meeting the academic, cultural, and leisure reading needs of the campus and the Carlsbad-Eddy County community (May 2016).
NMSU Carlsbad is independently accredited by the Higher Learning Commission and is a two-year branch community college of New Mexico State University system. The NMSU Carlsbad campus community has digital access to a variety of academic resources supplementing traditional print material which continues to play an important role in collection development.
The campus library contains approximately 20,000 items including digital media, e-books, monographs, graphic novels, journals, magazines, local and national newspapers. Current faculty, staff, online, and on-campus students, have remote access to electronic library resources and the NMSU Libraries online catalog.
NMSU affiliates are the primary clientele of the library. Residents of Eddy County are welcome to use the campus library during regular hours.
- Community Card (2 checkouts at a time)
- Public use databases (Online resources for community use are available through the NM State Library’s El Portal.)
- Public use computers (coming soon!!)
Services for Students
- Computer lab
- Database and research training sessions (by request)
- Laptop checkout (in-library use)
- Online database access (on-campus and remote)
- Private study rooms
- Research assistance
- Scanner and KSS Study system
- Wireless Internet access
What online services do you offer students?
We offer a number of resources focused on different disciplines. Visit our Online Research Tools page to see a full listing of resources.