When you enroll at New Mexico State University Carlsbad, you join a supportive community. We want you register with ease, to know about the many resources here for you, and to be comfortable finding your way around campus. That’s why we have students attend Aggie Welcome & Orientation before enrolling in classes.
If you are a new, degree-seeking student or new transfer with fewer than 30 college credits, orientation is your next step after admissions. Readmit and other transfer students are welcome to attend if they wish.
All sessions are held in the Main Building, room 213. Parking is in the back lot. Each session is limited to 25 students.
- Important registration dates and payment options
- How to build a class schedule
- What courses are required for degrees and certificates
- Tips for success in online courses
- How to navigate my.nmsu.edu including your university email account
- Campus departments and services via guided tour of campus
Prior to Orientation
Because you will sign in to your myNMSU account at orientation and possibly register the same day, it’s important that you complete these steps before attending AWO:
- Apply for admission and submit transcripts.
- Create a student account at my.nmsu.edu at least 24 hours before orientation.
- Complete placement testing.*
- Sign up for orientation.
*Testing may be waived for students who have completed the ACT within the last year; are transferring in math, reading, or English courses; or pursuing certain career technical programs. Call (575) 234-9265 to inquire.
Transfer students who would like an online orientation should contact Karla Thompson, Director of Student Counseling at (575) 234-9265 or email@example.com with their NMSU username and Aggie ID. If you need special accommodations, please contact Haley Jones, Student Accessibility Services Coordinator, at (575) 234-9321 or firstname.lastname@example.org to make arrangements.