Mission: To provide outpatient, on campus medical support for students and employees of NMSU-Carlsbad.
Medical Services Provided
- Routine care for illness (acute & urgent)
- Family Planning and Contraception
- Physical and Women’s Health Exams
- STD Testing
- Work-Related Injury & Illness Evaluation
- Referral Assistance
- Health Education
- Smoking Cessation, Blood Pressure, and Vision Screenings
- Mental Health Consultations by Appointment
All patient-related information is confidential and is maintained as such in accordance with the law. CHC has written policies on Patient Rights & Responsibilities, as well as a Notice of Privacy Practices. Identification (student/staff ID and insurance card) will be required for each visit.
Emergency or Urgent Care
The CHC is not equipped to provide emergency care and can provide only limited care for some urgent conditions during regular hours of operation. An Emergency involves the threat of loss of life or limb. An urgent condition is less severe than an emergency, but requires care more quickly than elective care.
For emergencies call 911 or go directly to the hospital.
Hours of Operation
Check with the CHC as hours vary by semester. For more information, call 575-234-9291.