An official transcript is the University’s certified statement of your complete NMSU academic record, including coursework, grades, and degrees earned. Credit hours earned through transfer work are not listed in detail, but do appear as cumulative totals.
All official transcripts are processed from NMSU Main Campus in Las Cruces.
Whether delivered as a digitally signed PDF or a printed copy, the official transcript includes features that ensure the authenticity and security of the document.
- E-Transcripts (Electronic Transcripts) are delivered to any valid email address via secure, certified PDF. Cost is $10.
- Printed Transcripts are delivered by first-class mail or UPS Next Day delivery or can be picked up at the Registrar’s Office. Cost is $12.25.
Orders shipped by UPS Next Day are assessed an additional charge.
Requests for official transcripts will be withheld until all financial obligations are paid. For more information, see Payment of Charges under Tuition, Fees, and Other Expenses in the NMSU Catalog. For more information, please contact NMSU Main Campus Las Cruces at (575) 646-4990.O
Unofficial transcripts contain the same information as official transcripts, including coursework, grades, and degrees earned. However, unofficial transcripts are printed on plain paper and do not have the NMSU seal or the registrar’s signature.
Current students can print unofficial transcripts by going to MyNMSU.edu. Under Quick Links select Student Records to access Unofficial Academic Transcript.
You can order an unofficial transcript by e-mail (email@example.com), fax (575-646-1579), or in person from NMSU Carlsbad Student Services Admissions/Registration office. Please be sure to include:
- Name and Phone Number
- Aggie ID or last four digits of your SSN
- Birthdate (month and date)
- Request for an unofficial transcript
- Please provide the fax and/or email of the location where you wish the unofficial transcript to be sent
- YOUR SIGNATURE AND DATE (scanned and attached/cut and paste)
Unofficial Transcripts are available at no charge from NMSU Carlsbad Student Services in the Admissions/Registration Office.
An Apostille confirms that a document is authentic (or apostilled). Apostilles are most often needed by students who are working outside the United States of America and international students. Apostilled transcripts are processed by NMSU Las Cruces campus.
When the request is received, the Registrar’s Office, will print the requested document(s), procure the signature of the Registrar and notarize it. The document(s) and notary statement will be mailed first class back to the specified address. The recipient will then need to send the information to the State of New Mexico Secretary’s Office for the Apostille.
- The Apostille process does take some time, both to produce the original document and for you to send and receive your documents from the State of New Mexico. Begin this process as soon as possible.
- Please see the State of New Mexico Apostille Information for steps to complete after you have receive the notarized documents from New Mexico State University: